When it comes to advertising on social media, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter may all come to mind; however, one of the most overlooked social platforms is Pinterest. According to Statista.com, the social platform has seen up to 444 million active users monthly so far this year, meaning there is a lot of opportunity for businesses to capitalize on this huge customer base. At LTD Connect, we know the value that advertising on Pinterest can bring to just about any business, which is why we’ve put together this quick guide to Pinterest Advertising!
Benefits of Advertising on Pinterest
- Ads show up on users’ feeds and searches in the same format as a regular Pin, making the experience unobtrusive for users while putting your content right in front of them.
- You can reach a larger audience. If your content is engaging and valuable, it can be re-pinned over and over to different users’ boards and keep driving consumers back to your website.
- Users on Pinterest are going to the app because they are in need of inspiration or looking for the latest trends. Most of these people are actively in the market for the product they search. According to Pinterest, 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest.
Some of Pinterest’s Ad Types
- Static Ads– These are exactly what you would expect to see when you open Pinterest. They are ads that look just like a regular pin and will appear in search results. Once a user shares a Promoted Pin, the “Promoted” label disappears, and every re-pin after that is considered earned media- which means, after the first pin, organic exposure to the content is free.
- Carousel Ads– Carousels contain up to five images that users can swipe through. Carousels are used to give a deeper brand story within one Pin. This feature behaves the same as other Pins, except it will have dots beneath the images that signal additional content. Each carousel image can be different and have a different title, description, and link to another landing page.
- Video Ads- These are exactly like Promoted Pins, except the static image is replaced with a video and can be anywhere from 4 seconds to 15 minutes long. Video Pins ads can appear in users’ home feeds, search results, and the “more like this” section under a Pin Closeup.
- Collection Ads– Collection ads appear as a combination of one larger, hero image (or video) followed by three smaller, secondary photos. When a user taps on a collection ad, they’re taken to a full-screen experience where they can view the hero image and up to 24 secondary images. These are perfect for ads that showcase multiple products that are related.
Contact LTD Connect Today For Your Digital Marketing Needs!
Our team of talented digital marketing specialists is here and ready to help take your business to the next level. We are constantly learning about new ways to advertise online and help our clients be leaders in their respective industries. If you feel like your business could use a digital refresh, or just aren’t sure where to start with online advertising- contact us today. We would be happy to help you discover what opportunities await you!