TikTok is an opportunity to discreetly market to your target audience in a way they genuinely enjoy, but HOW? We asked the same question, and this is where our research took us:
Trends are key:
Find trends on the discover page! Get more specific to your business by searching for relevant hashtags like “#fashion,” “#tiptok,” (for tips and hacks) “#dayinthelife,” or anything related to your product/service. After using the filter “this week” and “most liked,” take note of the most interacted with videos:
- How long is the video?
- Who is in the video – boy/girl/young/old etc?
- What is the hook/title?
- What keywords did they include?
- And finally: audio!
Keep up with the info you find for the future, and use these specs in your next video! To aid your search, here is a list of current TikTok trends for you:
- Make and use a custom filter
- Use trending audio – but only if you can use it authentically and with relevance to your page
- Dance challenges
- Day in the life
- Product restocks
- Shopping hauls / fit checks
- GRWM (get ready with me)
- How-to videos/tips
- Transformations – before & afters
- Objection polls – ask for objections, then respond
- Green screen – a person in front of an ebook or website
- Self-interview – to objection block and creative satirical comedy
Finally, to know if your TikTok is successful, look to see in the analytics of your post what the click-through rate is, shares, comments, likes, and average watch time! If an ad starts getting old or worn, switch it out with a new headline or video angle. Keep it simple and have fun, and remember: make TikToks, not ads.
Ad World 2022 Session: TikTok Ad Creative Strategies Guaranteed to Improve Your ROI. Maxwell Finn President, TikTok Insiders